Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: I Am Still Here

  1. #1
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I posted this inside of another thread
    but it's really on its own. I planned
    to come out with it soon, anyway.

    In response to Suspiria and Dazz:

    Awgh, guys... Thanks. I have been lurking
    about. I have just been very busy with work
    and have been re-organizing my life in dif-
    ferent ways. Must be something about turn-
    ing 45 years old and/or listening to Billie
    Holiday.

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    There are some changes that are taking
    place, some of which I am very much caus-
    ing and others that have kind of just come
    about, as a result of prior commitments
    and activities. Maybe it's the 'mid-life
    crisis' that some people say takes place.

    For starters, I have lost 28 pounds, com-
    ing down from 215, over the past month. I
    am 5'9". I decided that I wast carrying
    around too much weight, for that height.
    The last time I hugged Virgil (he was a
    rock), I realized that he had predisposed
    himself to physically performing well, hav-
    ing cared for his body in that way. I was
    thinking for me to put my house in order,
    starting with eating to live, rather than
    living to eat.

    I plan on continuing to lose weight until
    I get down to about 160-165 pounds. This
    will take time but I have committed.

    I also shaved my beard (accounted for 27
    of the 28 lbs.) He-heh..

    Another thing... I worked with my brother,
    to pass along my digital kit to my nephew,
    who proved to him that he was worthy of
    the kit and opportunity to learn them, in
    a serious way. As a matter of fact, I
    know that he lurks about, here, from
    time to time, getting a lot out of all
    of you. I encourage him.

    I just bought a brand new kit that I will
    introduce to you shortly. I have just got
    it together, really and hope to have some
    samples out to you soon of what they look,
    feel and sound like. I, so much would like
    an acoustic set to work on but just do not
    have the space to do it in. Perhaps, in
    the future, I will get the opportunity.
    It looks and sounds pretty neat, though I
    am learning about it, for the first time.

    I will try and get a post up in the near
    future of samples from it and talk about
    the new adventure, with you.

    I have also been on a mad, ripping binge
    and am preparing to share references more,
    with you; since the computer is more my
    life, these days, it's high time it cont-
    ained all my music, I figure.


    Pete050329

    That's how I look like, now and he's a view
    of the drumkit.

    DigitalKit

    I promise that I will post more, in the near
    future, missing talking to you all, though
    not at all valuing you less. Indeed, this
    board is a big part of my motivation for
    improving, always.

    My best to all of you and respect to the
    great heroes, here at HOD.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Klemme's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2003
    Posts
    854
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad to hear you're still here [img]smile.gif[/img] we've definitely noticed your abscense !

    About loosing weight.... well, most of the people i know and including myself, the hardest point is maintaining your results and integrate the new lifestyle into the deepest parts of yourself.

    Don't over-workout, it's very important, good friend of mine had to put down the guitar for two months because he overstressed his Arms and shoulders due to overtraining.

    You won't technically improve. I lost about 40kgs, and my technique didn't improve more as a result of that, but i could do a gig with extreme agility and stamina.

    However i did alternate my traing, emphasizing my left lems leading the exercises. I did alot of swimming e.g. Crawl strokes only using left hand etc. It Worked well on balancing my playing, developed alot of indepence that way.

    But keep up the good work, you're looking great man ! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Steve Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2001
    Posts
    1,243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice to hear from you Peter, glad things are going well.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Klemme,

    Trust me. I'm not. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I am basically changing habits and
    looking for long-term, lifestyle ad-
    justments in diet etc.

    My playing is getting a lot more phy-
    sical again and that is helping me a
    lot, in terms of tone etc.

    Steve,

    Thanks for the welcome back. This is
    really your board and I owe most of
    my thanks to you.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Tom Hipskind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Peter,

    Great to hear from you--to be honest, I didn't notice you haven't been around here lately because....well, neither have I! I hope to start contributing more myself. I surely hope to see you soon, and am inspired to hear of your new commitment to physical health and well-being. It makes all the difference in the world when you have more stamina. Just ask my girlfriend! Baddum PSSSSSHHHHH! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] Oh, but I wanna tell ya......

    Be good, Pete, and hope to see you soon.
    -Tom

  6. #6
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ha ha...be sure & wip your taitresses, Tom will be here through the weekend...

    Good to have you 'back' PC [even though we know you really were never truly gone] ;c)

    The new look is happenin', m' man! Good for you! But as moose said elsewhere...this doesn't mean we will be picking out any curtains anytime soon...

    However, I would like to go shopping with ya for some shirts...er, NO, no - make that, clinics, sheet music, & some CDs... [img]wink.gif[/img] awa, wisdom [img]cool.gif[/img] ... Ah, what I mean to say is...

    [Welcome back, broski.]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 02, 2005 03:26 PM: Message edited by: fuseU1 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Suspiria's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2004
    Posts
    1,358
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Phew*. Congratulations on having the courage to make such a change in your life! While I have no weight issues to date, I know it can be a rough time. I hope that you will be able to enjoy the benefits that will likely extend into all areas of your life! I wouldn't be surprised if you get a big thrust of energy to try new things. Keep us updated and never hesitate to ask for words of encouragement!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Pocketime's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2003
    Posts
    322
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Really good to have you back Peter! I have missed your wisdom and contributions here. As a matter of fact I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how the kids are doing? I wish you the best in your venture for health and all around well being. Look forward to some cool stuff coming from that kit! PT.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member moosetication's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by peter c:
    That's how I look like, now...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very trendy! And great news about the weight. Trust me, you don#t want to spring a case of Type II diabetes, like I did...

    ...and here's a view of the drumkit.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm... looks like a DTXtremeIIs module, and some new Yamaha e-pies, along with your previous Yamaha pads?

    Welcome back, Peter.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good to have you back old chum... [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

    Nice to see there are some great positive things happening in the "House Of Pete". You look ten years younger in the more recent pic you posted... A new avatar methinks...

    I've posted a couple of things in your absence that directly related to your input on the board over the last Lord-Only-Knows how long...

    Seriously dude, welcome back...

    MP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •